A garage door is the largest moving object in most homes. The door system must be properly adjusted and maintained in order to function safely.
Warning: Springs, cables, brackets, and other hardware attached to the springs are under extreme tension. Only qualified persons should adjust them.
- Visual Inspection
- Avoid a moving door and keep hands and fingers clear
- Do not let children play with transmitters or remote controls
- Only operate the door if you can see it
- Test the reversing mechanism monthly
- Test the Door balance monthly
- Test the force setting monthly